Friday, February 22, 2008

Dieting...for tiny people?

The juice diet went well.. as you will see in Betty's blog, over our 3 day trip to Moab we each gained 4 pounds... nothing for either of us.. we both need it, but we felt pretty nasty. Also, being in marathon training, we have wanted to get on to a good diet schedule and take care of ourselves to the maximum. So we've been planning on doing a juice diet to detox/ flush out the bod. What a better time to start then now.. so we got back and called it quits on solid foods for 3 days.

A couple months ago a friend and I did a lemon-detox diet (later found out it's not very good for you, should've known on my own) in which you drink a combination of lemon juice, water, cayenne pepper and pure maple syrup. Each has it's own function in the detox. The main flushing power comes from the stomach relaxing herbal tea to drink every night, and upon rising the 1 liter of warm sea salt water. That was a challenge to wake up in my cold apartment, and think of downing that, just so about 30 minutes later it would come rushing out of me!
Basically the tea loosens up everything, and then in the morning the sea salt water is the same consistency of your insides so it just runs right through..
I never had anything look like that luckily..
I'll tell you this... it works.. it cleans you out, and I felt pretty good, but since then I have struggled to have regular movements (if you know what I mean). And even with this juice diet, 100% natrual juice, water and fresh fruits only, for 3 days.. I didn't move much down there.
I know it should have worked because Betty definitely had success (again, if you know what I mean). I hope I haven't ruined myself, but I was atleast really hydrated and got lots of vitamins and didn't eat anything nasty.



Yesterday was my first day at work on the diet and I swear to you everything never looked so good. Chicken fingers, salmon, chicken Bryan (goat cheese, lemon butter with sundried tomatoes on a chicken breast), also a big group called in to reserve for 25 people and ordered about 15 appetizers that they wanted on the tables when the walked in, but never showed up, so they were for the 8 servers working!... it was tempting, but I didn't want to ruin everything I had just done for 3 days.
This is what we ended up eating to get back into it... This is Betty's and my favorite food. It's called a tomato caprese (cu-pray-zay) salad... just roma tomatoes, fresh milk mozzarella cheese (go to costco it's the cheapest there) basil, salt, pepper, extra virgin olive oil and a bit of balsamic vinegar. It's very Italian, very light and very fresh. So good.

We're back on regular food now, just taking it easy to not load up too fast on a bunch of junk.

1 comment:

James said...

that toilet picture might be the sickest thing I have EVER seen... love you both!