Monday, March 3, 2008

not fair poop...

Do I have some weird obsession with bowel movements? How come two blogs in a row talk about this? How come I could completely stop writing about this now, but I'm still going on?...
Last night I was with Betty at her parents house and somehow it came up, her dad was saying the difference between American bathrooms and Mexican bathrooms...
In Mexico, all the guys will wait until no one is in the bathroom before pooping, they will strain and suffer holding it until they are the only ones to hear such noises. I couldn't tell you if it's true, but I can confirm the opposite...
Americans are all about making as much music as possible. I remember in middle school everyone used to be scared to go, it was the embarassing thing to do. But then as you reach high school, you start to realize that everyone does it (peer pressure worked on me) and it's totally natural and normal. I still must admit though that sometimes I get a bit nervous about it and don't like people hearing me.
Betty's brother Asael (on a mission now) used to NEVER be able to go anywhere besides home. He would hold it all day at school and come running in afterwards and let it go... but even then, he had to line the seat with t.p. At home? That's sad, he had nowhere he could spread and relax.
Something I don't find fair, is that girls can completely disguise it. You walk in to the bathroom, and they're all sitting. Who's pooping? Who's peeing? No one can tell. It's just not fair.
The only way I can feel comfortable is if there's lots of people in there.. then I can squeeze in everything during all of the noise making: door opening, flushing, water running, paper towels turning, etc. Those are the times to let it go/ disguise what mysterious thing I may be doing in the stall. I'm proud of those who can fly freely without any shame..
One day I will make it there.. with time.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

There should be no shame in pooping!