Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Dinner #2

We found ourselves in Springville at the Walmart and I had heard about a place called the "Art City Trolley" and often drove by and saw the old trolley cart out front. Earlier that day I asked my sister Marisa where we should go... she said that "the best places are always a hole in the wall." This trolley looks pretty rugged and beat up... not that cool vintage look, it just looks worn down... so we chose to eat there.
You have to pull around to the back for the parking and we noticed a bunch of really nice cars and nowhere to park. My mind slowly changed... walked in and completely changed... really cool place with an awesome atmosphere. We waited about 5 minutes until a table opened up and we enjoyed good old American cooking. Well... we started with chips and dip (HUGE) and then each got excellent homemade hamburgers.

This isn't good.. Betty and I are on a juice diet and we're really hungry. I don't want anymore carrot juice!

Betty being from Mexico of course wants everything very spicy, so she ordered hers "flamin' hot". It's funny when heat can actually get to her. Too often "it's not spicy enough"... but this was plenty. I've only seen her mom not able to handle spice one time, she took a huge bite out of a pepper and we had to supply her with relief bread and drinks for a few minutes. Betty struggled to eat their spicy... so if you have the choice, go regular.
The atmosphere was really laid back, good service, great prices, and pretty good food. We enjoyed it and will be back some time. I'm possibly thinking to serve there after the summer?! It seems like a "pre-mission" restaurant, everyone was in high school I think.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I think this was the last time I'm ever going to do the lemon detox! Last night michael and I ended our detox with sushi, probably wasn't the best choice, but it was good!!!