Thursday, April 17, 2008

Credit goes to High school..

75 words

Speedtest



Weston Arntsen and I used to always race in high school on Instant Messenger.. we got pretty good... and I think it's kind of cool but pathetic that I spent that much time on the computer.
I took a typing class that was supposed to teach me technique and to type.. it was ok, but those late nights until 3 in the morning over the summer talking to friends was the real ticket.


The marathon was my original goal, but the ball of my right foot started acting up about 3 or 4 weeks ago. Lots of pain and it was really tight. I talked to my brother Brandon who is in med. school and he told me to take it easy. His reasoning was very logical.. I kind of wanted to push myself just to say "I ran a marathon." But considering I'm only 23, I have a lot of time to do that. So this Saturday will be a half marathon with Betty and Marisa, my sister... I'm really excited and already have the pre-race gitters.

I ran cross country for 4 years in high school, went to State as an alternate my Junior year and ran varsity my Junior and Senior year.. so I have put a few miles on my legs. But I've been getting really sore during my training. Lots of tightness in the calves, and my upper back is being really weird.. it gets a sharp pain often. But I think I'll be ok.. I'm really excited for it.

I ran the Rex Lee Run a couple weeks ago. I did the 10K and got 17th out of 480 runners or so..
Training before that race was normally at a 7:30 minute pace at the fastest... I didn't have a watch so I had no idea how fast I was going... ended up running it in 39:53 at a 6:26 pace!
The heat of the moment got me going... We'll see what happens on Saturday, I just have to be more careful, cause a 10k is about half of my race this week.

http://rexleerun.byu.edu/results/2008_overall_10k.html (proof can be found here if you don't believe me)

I have finished 4 of my 7 finals! So just a few left, the more difficult ones of course, but considering finals start tomorrow I'm pretty lucky. They have all been very spread out.
I have this week pretty easy, but poor Betty has to cram in all of her projects and spends long hours in the depressing and dark basement of the HFAC. It will be over soon.

2 comments:

Dan and Dee said...

Just found your blog on Megan's site. I wish I could have seen you run the race-I would have been cheering you on from the sidelines-and you KNOW that's the truth! Lewis STILL runs and STILL loves it. He has done several marathons now (Boston twice-and some others...) He is now training for a triathlon-but will give up running for awhile b/c of medical school. It is too time consuming and having 3 children that need attention and a wife that appreciates seeing her husband when possible cuts into the time commitment for training so we'll see if he gets to run for pleasure or not. Fun catching up on your life here in your blog!

Dan and Dee said...

when I say I just found your blog, I meant to say, I just found that you add more to it now. HOWEVER, put pictures of you and Betty on there from time to time...I want to see you guys!