Monday, April 7, 2008

Almost a month!

Apologies to the 3 people that read this blog.. or check it frequently. I get on Betty's case about no updating, then I'm found guilty, it's been almost a month, but I think I'm kind of excused because of school.
It's my priority right now. Luckily Carrabba's is out of the picture.. after a year and a half I finally called it quits.. I've been anxious to do so because of the stressful nature/ bad atmosphere. But my mom asked me on my last day if I was sad at all, I told her no, but later in that day as I was leaving and saying bye to a ton of friends, that I kind of will miss that part of it.
But Betty and I are excited to move on. We are excited to get some space from Utah for a few months and try something new. Besides the money situation, we think it will be really nice for our relationship. We're going to be with a couple young couples and away from both sets of parents, new jobs, new place, no school... so it will be awesome. I haven't heard anything negative about North Carolina.. just a lot of people saying it's supposedly a really nice place with really friendly people. It will be awesome to be in some southern hospitality again.

This is where we are most likely going to be staying... http://www.liveatblakeney.com/lifestyle/

Betty wants to get a part time job at either Banana Republic, Pottery Barn or Anthropologie... I say I'd rather see a little bit of your pay checks. She claims it's just to get good ideas... but when she gets there everything will be "so cute... I couldn't resist".

Finals are coming up really soon... we are getting really close, in fact our last day of class is a week from tomorrow. A week from Saturday is our race, and the week after that we hit the road after Colby and Ginny's wedding (they are the one's in charge out in NC). We hope to stop in Colorado to see David (Betty's brother) on his mission for a little bit. But we have to be there by Tuesday, so we'll see how much time we have. I have no idea how Colby and Ginny are going to make it out there getting married 3 days before!

It's a 30 hour trip: http://www.mapquest.com/mq/4-LFk*

We have a lot to do before we leave...
-get Betty's windows tinted/ car ready to go
-pack up our stuff/ put it in storage
-get the new girl that's house sitting figured out
-get good grades in school
-get a bike rack for Betty's car
-see family and friends

any thing else we should do? i feel like i'm asking my mom to do a check list before a camping trip or something... how come i'm such a nerd?
Anyone heard anything about Charlotte?

2 comments:

Unknown said...

We will miss you!!!!

megan said...

It's always on those the top ten places to live lists. And Mike and I are doing that live away from family thing for the first time and even though some parts are hard - it's great for us. We just feel more confident in ourselves and our relationship. I love it. But that whole grandparent thing always trumps in the end so it'll just have to be for now...

p.s. I am one of the three people that checks your un-updated blog.