Wednesday, March 5, 2008

The Sweet Life...



http://www.ladolcevitaprovo.com/

I apologize for the nasty comments, but that's what I needed to say.
Our dates are continuing in search for great restaurants. Last Friday Betty and I were in the mood for some Italian (eye-tal-ee-in) food. I had been running errands in Provo (getting our license plates "TEX MEX".. I'll show them later) and drove by a place I've wanted to try called "La Dolce Vita". If you haven't seen the movie with Roberto Benigni, I highly recommend it. Sure it's quite sad, but it is an extremely well done movie... one of my favorites. So we hit it up around 7 that night. Waited about 5 minutes before they sat us.

Looking at the menu I was very interested. The choices were difficult because of the simplicity of each dish. There was a wide variety and it all sounded very good.
We ended up starting with what is called "Focaccia" which comes from Genova, my first area on my mission. A really simple bread with tomato, basil, garlic. I was quite impressed.

Betty ordered a plate of linguini alla marinara with shrimp, and it was fantastic. In fact it was even better heated up the next day for leftovers.

I got a pasta combo, some rigatoni and something with a white sauce. It was pretty good.
As the dessert tray was brought around we were un-impressed and surprised that tres leches was one of the options. Everything else was quite authentic, and they threw in a couple random desserts. I think if you're gonna go Italian, go all the way! They did have tiramisu, but that didn't make up for the other 5 random choices.

It ended up being an expensive bill, and our server who had a great accent pronouncing the items did a very poor job serving. We left a little bit upset about the experience and felt that we paid too much for what we got.

We aren't too thrilled about returning, but I did drive by the other day and saw that they have some really cheap lunch specials for about 6 or 7 bucks. Maybe that's the time to go?!

No comments: